2010 IN REVIEW
Since it's after midnight, and I'm hooked on this IAmA Reddit post and won't be sleeping any time soon, I thought I'd mention a few things that, well, happened in 2010:
- I signed my first book deal and am currently revising my manuscript so it can (fingers-crossed) come out in 2011.
- I wrote 6 novels (yes, I write very fast), including Volumes 2-5 of my Bloodline series. I hope this book takes off so people want to read the next one. If not, well, at least I know how it all ends.
- I taught myself how to network a copier/printer/scanner via IP address at work. If you've never done this before, it's very different from plugging a printer directly into a computer. It involves assigning an IP address, and a whole hell of a lot of other stuff that I spent hours on Google trying to figure out. So yeah, it's definitely an accomplishment.
- In the Theater - Black Swan. If you have not seen it, do. It was quite an incredible film.
- On DVD - Whip It. From the opening credits this became a cult classic. A friend had rented it from some local video store in Faribault; I went and bought it the next day. Hell, there's nothing on right now (except for Creed Live - ick) so maybe I'll put it in.
- New to 2010: High Violet by The National. I seriously can't stop listening to this. "Buzzblood Ohio" - now there's a song.
- In General: Hmm... I've been torn between Bright Eyes and Radiohead all year. (And am anxiously awaiting the release of Bright Eyes' The People's Key on February 15th.)
My purebread 4.2 lb. Pomeranian, Samus. (Yes, named after the Nintendo Metroid character Samus Aran.) She can morph into a powerball in case you were wondering.
FAVORITE TV SHOW
FAVORITE TV SHOW ON NETFLIX INSTANT
LEAST FAVORITE THINGS ABOUT 2010
- Ke$ha (Yeah, she doesn't get a hyperlink because I don't want to waste my time typing it into Google.)
- This whole TSA business - My brother-in-law works at the airport, and it's all very real.
- Ryan Seacrest - What baffles me is that people are seeming to take him more seriously. Um...
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION
- CAPITAL LETTERS - I've been stuck on lowercase for a couple of years because I quite enjoy the look of it, but when I'm writing this much random prose on a blog that at least a couple of people might read, capital letters help. Besides, it's a resolution I know I can keep.
I suppose the best part of 2010 was getting to spend time with my husband and friends. If everything was taken away from me (including this MacBook, although that might make me cry), I'd still have more in my relationships than most people can ever hope to achieve. So thank you, CCB and friends, for your constant encouragement.
(And of course after I finish this, SquareSpace is for some reason showing my title in all lowercase letters, even though they're all capitals right here in the edit window. Thanks for screwing over my New Year's resolution, SquareSpace.)